Prostate Cancer Home > Zytiga
Side Effects of ZytigaJust like any medicine, Zytiga may cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
- Joint swelling and discomfort
- Muscle aches
- Fluid retention (edema)
- Hot flushes.
Drug InteractionsZytiga may react with several other medications (see Zytiga Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Heart problems, including heart failure
- An abnormal heartbeat (arrhythmia)
- Had a recent heart attack
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- A history of problems with your adrenal or pituitary gland
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Zytiga and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Zytiga and Breastfeeding).