Prostate Cancer Home > Lupron Depot Dosage
In general, people receive their dose of Lupron Depot at a healthcare provider's office, although you can administer the injection yourself. The amount your healthcare provider prescribes will depend on a few different factors, including the condition being treated. In addition, you may receive this medication monthly, every three months, or every four months. The individual forms of Lupron Depot are not interchangeable.
An Introduction to Dosing With Lupron DepotThe Lupron Depot® (leuprolide acetate depot) dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The reason you are using the medication
- Your weight (in children)
- How you respond to it.
Lupron Depot Dosage for Advanced Prostate CancerThe standard dose of Lupron Depot in advanced prostate cancer depends on the specific product used. This medication is available in a one-month, three-month, and four-month form for advanced prostate cancer treatment. The usual dosing options for these forms are as follows:
- Lupron Depot 7.5 mg once monthly
- Lupron Depot-3 Month 22.5 mg once every three months (every 84 days)
- Lupron Depot-4 Month 30 mg once every four months (every 16 weeks)
- Lupron Depot-6 Month 45 mg once every six months (every 24 weeks).