When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Zytiga include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- Zytiga should be taken on an empty stomach. Do not eat anything for at least two hours before and one hour after taking your dose. Taking this medicine with food may cause too much of the medication to be absorbed into the body, increasing your risk for side effects.
- This medicine is used in combination with prednisone. Because prednisone is taken with food, you will need to take Zytiga and prednisone at different times during the day.
- Take this medication with a glass of water.
- Do not crush, chew, or break Zytiga tablets. Make sure to swallow them whole.
- Try to take your dose at about the same time each day, to maintain an even level of the medicine in your bloodstream.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It is important to not stop taking Zytiga even if you are feeling better.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Zytiga your healthcare provider recommends may vary, depending on whether you have liver problems or develop liver problems during treatment. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Zytiga Dosage for more information.)