Dosing With Zoladex for Endometrial ThinningThe standard Zoladex dosage for thinning the lining of the uterus before endometrial ablation is 3.6 mg four weeks prior to the procedure. Alternately, two doses of Zoladex 3.6 mg may be given four weeks (28 days) apart. If two doses are given, endometrial ablation should follow two to four weeks after the second dose.
General Information on Using ZoladexSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Zoladex include the following:
- This medication is given as a tiny implant that is injected just beneath the skin (subcutaneously) on the abdomen (stomach) every 4 or 12 weeks. Make sure you know how often you should receive your Zoladex injection.
- A healthcare provider will administer the injection in a healthcare setting.
- The Zoladex implant will dissolve in your body over time; it does not need to be removed.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Your symptoms may return if you miss a dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of Zoladex, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.