When and How to Take It
Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Xtandi include the following:
- Xtandi comes in the form of a capsule. It is normally taken by mouth once a day.
- Try to take your dose at about the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- Xtandi can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if it upsets your stomach.
- Xtandi must be swallowed whole; do not open, crush, cut, dissolve, or chew the capsules.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine just because you feel better.
The specific dose of Xtandi your healthcare provider recommends may vary, depending on a few factors, including:
- How you tolerate the medicine
- Other medications you are taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Xtandi Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of Xtandi
As with any medicine, Xtandi can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. Most people tolerate it quite well.
If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious reactions are less common.
Some of the most common problems with Xtandi include but are not limited to:
(Click Xtandi Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)