When and How to Use ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Vantas include the following:
- Vantas comes as an implant that is inserted subcutaneously (just below the skin) in the inner part of the upper arm once a year.
- The implant is inserted by a healthcare provider in a healthcare setting, such as a doctor's office or clinic.
- You should keep your arm clean and dry for 24 hours after receiving the implant. Also, do not lift heavy objects or exercise for seven days. This will help the surgical site heal, and reduce the chance of the implant being expelled through the incision site.
- The implant must be removed by your healthcare provider after approximately one year. If you are receiving another dose, the new implant may be inserted in the same area or placed in a different site of the upper arm.
- The Vantas implant will provide a few additional weeks of medicine, so your appointments do not need to be exactly one year apart.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThere is only one standard dose of this medication, regardless of your age or weight.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Vantas Dosage for more information.)