Supprelin LA Side Effects
Clinical research has shown that skin reactions at the implant site, such as bruising, pain, and swelling, are the most commonly reported side effects of Supprelin LA. Other common side effects include nosebleeds, headaches, and mood changes. If your child develops depression, vision problems, or any other potential serious side effect, contact his or her healthcare provider right away.
An Introduction to Supprelin LA Side EffectsJust like any medicine, Supprelin® LA (histrelin implant) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Supprelin LA. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Common Side Effects of Supprelin LASupprelin LA has been studied extensively in clinical trials. In these studies, the side effects that occurred in people given the Supprelin LA implant were carefully documented. As a result, it was possible to see what side effects occurred and how often they appeared.
In clinical studies, common Supprelin LA side effects included:
- Skin reactions at the implant site -- in up to 51.1 percent of children
- Scarring at the implant site -- up to 6.4 percent
- Problems with the stitches used to close the implant site -- up to 6.4 percent
- Pain -- up to 4.3 percent
- Irregular uterine bleeding -- up to 4.2 percent.
Implant site skin reactions included the following:
Other common side effects, each occurring in 2.1 percent of children, included:
- Breast swelling and tenderness
- Painful menstrual periods
- Feeling cold
- Headaches, including migraine headaches
- Heavy and prolonged menstrual periods
- Weight gain
- Mood changes
- Flu-like symptoms.