When treating advanced prostate cancer in men who have had their testicles removed, the standard dosage of Nilandron is usually 300 mg once daily for 30 days, followed by 150 mg once daily thereafter. This medicine is typically started the day of or the day after castration surgery. If this medicine bothers your stomach, try taking it with some food.
An Introduction to Dosing With NilandronThere is only one standard recommended dose of Nilandron® (nilutamide) for advanced prostate cancer. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
What Is the Nilandron Dosage for Prostate Cancer?The usual recommended Nilandron dose for advanced prostate cancer is 300 mg once a day for 30 days, followed by 150 mg once a day thereafter. Nilandron is used in combination with surgical castration (surgical removal of the testicles). Treatment with Nilandron should start the day of or the day after surgery.
General Information on Taking NilandronSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Nilandron include the following:
- Nilandron comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- Try to take your dose at the same time each day, to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- Nilandron can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if it upsets your stomach.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine because you feel better.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Nilandron dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.