Prostate Cancer Home > Vantas
Side Effects of VantasJust like any medicine, Vantas may cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
- Hot flushes
- Skin reactions at the implant site
- Testicular atrophy (smaller testicles).
Drug InteractionsVantas may react with a few other medicines (see Vantas Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving this medicine if you have:
- An inability to urinate (urinary tract obstruction)
- Cancer that has spread to the spine or urinary tract
- Heart disease
- Chest pain (angina)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- A history of a heart attack, stroke, or blood clot
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Osteoporosis or risk factors for osteoporosis, such as:
- A family history of osteoporosis
- Alcohol use
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Vantas and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Vantas and Breastfeeding).