Prostate Cancer Home > Trelstar Warnings and Precautions
Trelstar has the potential to cause high blood sugar. It can also increase your risk for stroke, heart attack, and sudden cardiac death. Before starting treatment, tell your healthcare provider if you have any other medical conditions, including heart disease, diabetes, or an inability to urinate. Other warnings and precautions with Trelstar extend to people who are allergic to gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH).
- An inability to urinate (urinary tract obstruction)
- Cancer that has spread to the spine or urinary tract
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- A history of heart attack, stroke, or blood clots
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Trelstar and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Trelstar and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.