Prostate Cancer Home > Trelstar
- This medication is given as a single injection into the muscle (intramuscular injection). It is usually given once every one, three, or six months, depending on the particular Trelstar product used.
- The injection will be given by your healthcare provider in a healthcare setting, such as a doctor's office or clinic.
- Trelstar is injected into the muscle of either buttock. The specific injection site will alternate with each dose.
- Trelstar must be mixed with sterile water before administration. The injection should be given immediately after the drug is mixed.
- Trelstar should not be used if the vial is damaged, contains particles, or is cloudy or discolored.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Do not stop treatment because you feel better. Stopping the medicine will cause your symptoms to return.