Prostate Cancer Home > Supprelin LA
When and How to Use ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Supprelin LA include the following:
- Supprelin LA comes as an implant that is inserted subcutaneously (just below the skin) in the inner part of the upper arm once a year.
- The implant is inserted by a healthcare provider in a healthcare setting, such as a doctor's office or clinic.
- You should keep your child's arm clean and dry for 24 hours after the implant is inserted. Also, your child should avoid exercise and activities that could cause the incision site to get bumped. This will help the incision to heal, and decrease the likelihood of the implant coming out.
- The implant must be removed by your child's healthcare provider after approximately one year. If your child will continue treatment, the new implant may be inserted in the same area, or moved to a different site on the upper arm.
- The Supprelin LA implant will provide a few additional weeks of medicine, so that your child's appointments do not need to be exactly one year apart.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.