Prostate Cancer Home > PROVENGE Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome PROVENGE side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Severe reactions from the PROVENGE infusion, which may include:
- Signs of a stroke, such as:
- A sudden, severe headache
- Numbness or weakness of the face, arms, or legs (especially on one side of the body)
- Speech or vision problems
- Chest pain (angina)
- An irregular, rapid, or forcefully beating heart
- Tingling, pricking, or numbing sensations of the skin
- Signs of anemia, such as:
- Pale skin
- Shortness of breath
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- Unexplained swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the PROVENGE side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using PROVENGE or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.