Prostate Cancer Home > Lupron Depot
Side Effects of Lupron DepotAs with any medicine, Lupron Depot can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. Most people tolerate it quite well.
Drug InteractionsLupron Depot may react with a few other medicines (see Lupron Depot Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you have:
- An inability to urinate (urinary tract obstruction)
- Cancer that has spread to the spine or urinary tract
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Heart disease
- Chest pain (angina)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- A history of heart attack, stroke, or blood clots
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Breast cancer, or have ever had breast cancer
- Osteoporosis or risk factors for osteoporosis, such as:
- A family history of this condition
- Alcohol use
- Seizure disorder (epilepsy)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Lupron Depot and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Lupron Depot and Breastfeeding).