Prostate Cancer Home > Lupron Depot Dosage
Dose of Lupron Depot for Uterine FibroidsLupron Depot is available in one-month and three-month forms for uterine fibroids. The standard dosage will depend on the particular form used, as follows:
- Lupron Depot 3.75 mg once a month
- Lupron Depot-3 Month 11.25 mg once every three months.
General Information on Using Lupron DepotSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Lupron Depot include the following:
- This medication is given as an intramuscular (into the muscle) injection every one to four months, depending on the particular product used. Make sure you know how often you should be receiving this medication.
- The injection is normally given by your healthcare provider in a healthcare setting. If you are giving the injection to yourself or your child, your healthcare provider should show you exactly how to use it.
- Be sure you know how often you are supposed to receive your doses. Try not to miss any of your healthcare appointments.
- Lupron Depot comes in a powder form that is mixed into a liquid right before use. Any medicine not used immediately must be thrown out.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Your symptoms will likely return when you stop using this medicine.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Lupron Depot, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.