Prostate Cancer Home > Jevtana
When and How to Receive This MedicationSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Jevtana include the following:
- This medication is administered intravenously (by IV) once every three weeks. It is combined with oral prednisone tablets, which are taken every day during the treatment period, even between Jevtana infusions.
- You should be given medications (such as a corticosteroid, an antihistamine, and an H2 antagonist) before each dose of Jevtana to help prevent allergic reactions.
- The IV is given over a period of one hour.
- For Jevtana to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Jevtana your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on several factors, such as:
- Your height and weight
- How well you tolerate the medication.
Side Effects of JevtanaJust like any medicine, Jevtana can cause side effects. However, not everyone who receives the medication will have problems. In fact, some people tolerate it quite well, although most people will develop side effects.
- Anemia (see Chemotherapy and Anemia)
- Leukopenia (low levels of a certain type of white blood cell called leukocytes)
- Neutropenia (low levels of a certain type of white blood cell called neutrophils).