Prostate Cancer Home > Emcyt
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Emcyt include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a capsule. It is normally taken by mouth three to four times a day.
- You should take Emcyt with water, on an empty stomach, and one hour before or two hours after a meal.
- Do not consume milk, milk products, or calcium-rich foods with your Emcyt dose. Doing so may decrease the amount of the drug absorbed into your body.
- Try to take your doses at about the same times each day to keep an even level of Emcyt in your bloodstream.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Emcyt your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a few factors, including:
- Your weight
- How you respond to the medicine.
Side Effects of EmcytJust like any chemotherapy medicine, Emcyt can cause side effects, some of which can be significant and potentially serious. In fact, most people will experience some type of adverse reaction during treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about ways to prevent or lessen reactions to this drug.
- Breast tenderness and enlargement
- Changes in liver enzymes
- Edema (swelling in certain areas of the body due to excess fluid)