Prostate Cancer Home > Casodex Dosage
Casodex comes in tablet form and is taken once a day. It can be taken with or without food, but you may want to take it with food if it upsets your stomach. For best results, each dose of Casodex should be taken at the same time each day; this will help keep an even level of the medication in your bloodstream.
There is only one standard recommended dosage of Casodex® (bicalutamide) for advanced prostate cancer. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
The usual recommended Casodex dose for advanced prostate cancer is 50 mg once a day. Casodex is given in combination with a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist (sometimes called a luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone agonist), such as:
- Goserelin acetate implant (Zoladex®)
- Histrelin acetate implant (Vantas®)
- Leuprolide acetate (Eligard®, Lupron®, Lupron Depot®)
- Triptorelin (Trelstar®).
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Casodex include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take your Casodex dosage in the morning or evening. Try to take your dose at the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- Casodex can be taken with or without food. Try taking the medication with food if it upsets your stomach.
- This medicine is used in combination with another prostate cancer medicine. The two drugs should be started at the same time. Be sure to follow the instructions for taking the other medicine too.
- For Casodex to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine because you feel better.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Casodex, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.