Side Effects of Lupron DepotAs with any medicine, Lupron Depot can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. Most people tolerate it quite well.
If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious reactions are less common.
Some of the common side effects of this medication include:
(Click Lupron Depot Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug InteractionsLupron Depot may react with a few other medicines (see Lupron Depot Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you have:
- An inability to urinate (urinary tract obstruction)
- Cancer that has spread to the spine or urinary tract
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Heart disease
- Chest pain (angina)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- A history of heart attack, stroke, or blood clots
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Breast cancer, or have ever had breast cancer
- Osteoporosis or risk factors for osteoporosis, such as:
- A family history of this condition
- Alcohol use
- Seizure disorder (epilepsy)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Lupron Depot and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Lupron Depot and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Lupron Depot Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)