When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Lupron Depot include the following:
- This medication is given as an intramuscular injection every one to four months, depending on the particular Lupron Depot product used. Make sure you know how often you should be receiving this medication.
- The injection is normally given by your healthcare provider in a healthcare setting. If you are giving the injection to yourself or your child, your healthcare provider should show you exactly how to use it.
- Be sure you know how often you are supposed to receive your injection. Try not to miss any of your appointments.
- Lupron Depot comes in a powder form that is mixed into a liquid right before use. Any medicine not used immediately must be thrown out.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Your symptoms will likely return when you stop using this medicine.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Lupron Depot your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The reason you are using the medication
- Your weight (in children)
- How you respond to it.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Lupron Depot Dosage for more information.)