Side Effects of FirmagonJust like any medicine, Firmagon may cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Firmagon include but are not limited to:
- Hot flushes
- Weight gain
- Reactions at the injection site, such as redness, swelling, or pain.
(Click Firmagon Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug InteractionsThis medication may react with several other medicines (see Firmagon Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving this medicine if you have:
- Heart disease, such as heart failure or a heart problem known as congenital long QT syndrome
- An abnormal heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- A history of an abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Electrolyte imbalances in your blood, such as low or high calcium, sodium, potassium, or magnesium
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Firmagon and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Firmagon and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Firmagon Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not receive the drug.)