Emcyt Drug Interactions
Your healthcare provider needs to be aware of all medications, supplements, and vitamins you are taking before you can start chemotherapy treatment with Emcyt. Echinacea, live vaccines, and even some antacids are just a few of the products that can cause negative interactions when combined with Emcyt. Reactions with drugs such as these may increase your risk for infections or other potentially serious complications.
An Overview of Interactions With EmcytEmcyt® (estramustine phosphate) may interact with a few other medications. Some of the drugs that can react with Emcyt include but are not limited to:
- Amphotericin B (Abelcet®, AmBisome®, Amphotec®)
- Calcium supplements or calcium-containing antacids
- Certain biologic and immunologic medications, such as:
- "Live" vaccinations, such as:
- Sipuleucel-T (Provenge®).