Docetaxel Side Effects
Serious Docetaxel Side EffectsSome side effects with docetaxel, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Severe nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Blood in the stool
- Signs of an infection, such as fever or chills (see Chemotherapy and Infections)
- Severe fluid retention or difficulty breathing
- Vision changes, which may be a sign of a serious eye problem
- Severe mouth sores
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as unexplained rash, hives, itching, and unexplained swelling.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the docetaxel side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking docetaxel. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.